Monday, November 1, 2010

Walking Down the Aisle with a Surprise Waiting

Besides the fact that the Bridal Party was fifteen minutes late, watching my daughter Judith, daughter-in-law Marilyse and granddaughter Princess Kelly Abigail walk down the aisle in their pretty dresses to beautiful music made my heart skip. How lovely and beautiful each one was!!

I was standing in the foyer with my handsome son Joe; waiting for the church doors to open wide and the music to change to Ava Maria. My bouquet of white roses was huge, but not heavy - easy to manage. Joe looked so good in his suit. But what caught my eye was his peaceful smile that said to me: "Okay Mom, take my arm - I'm walking you with care and protection to your to your husband-to-be.

And there was Buzz and his men - Tom his Dad and Thomas my grandson - and Pastor Mervin standing, waiting, smiling.

Joe and I walked slowly, moving closer and closer to Buzz. I looked around and saw so many friends and family. Smiled, mouthed "Hi". What a happy day!
Almost there now, at the front of the church and about 6 feet from Buzz.
Wait - something is wrong! No ... not wrong - different.

Buzz!!

He was clean shaven!! No goatee.

And I couldn't say one word. Not even an expression like: "What did you do?!!" All I could do was not think about this being the first time I'd ever seen Buzz without his chin hair!
Buzz is always surprising me. Usually it's through humor and I fall for his joking every time.
Again ... in front of our family and friends, he did a great job of 'getting' me!!

Thankfully I was in la la land and could stash this surprise into the back of my head! Oh, Buzz, this is one reason I love you!! Always full of surprises!!

No comments: